Thursday, April 14, 2011

Refocus for Relief

I just finished reading some thoughts that a friend shared on Facebook and now I am finding myself disappointed at my negligence. After reading his note, I almost instantly reflected back at the time when I took a month off from "socializing" and spent most of my time to myself. During that time I learned so much and found myself so near to the heart of God. I was so close to feeling a physical embrace and presence from Him. And then I, with all the ease in the world, became accustomed to the distractions in life. I began to read less, pray less, and meditate less.

I've said this before and notice this over and over again, but God is constantly trying to catch my attention. His pursuit for me is unwavering. His efforts to return my focus back onto Him and only Him is tireless. The loudest thing I've heard lately? How much He wants to simplify my life. I've found a lot of peace over the past few months from learning how simple life really is. But...why am I taking my time? Why am I procrastinating?

That's all to say, I feel set free once more from what I considered to be leisure, when my ultimate relaxation rests in His presence.




{eSeul}

No comments:

Post a Comment